Saturday 21 September 2013

Little Adventure's In Life

So recently it has been that point in my life where I have to make the decision of whether I would like to venture of to university straight after I leave Sixth Form, or if I would like to take a year out and go travelling. This was a tough decision for me as I have always dreamed of going travelling, but I decided that university seemed more important to me at this point in my life, and I feel as though I should get it over and done with whilst I can, and also whilst I have the support that is available to me.

Although I will not be going travelling after this year, I have an urge to share with you the top 5 places where I dream of visiting after I graduate from university!

#1- Paris
I went on a school trip to France in Year 8, and as part of this we got to visit Paris. I instantly fell in love with the city, as I thought the buildings and detail of it seemed so intricate. Sadly however, we only got to stay there for an hour as it was only a drive through as we were heading back to England. I would love to be able to visit Paris again, but make sure to stay there for longer as there is so much to see and do.

#2- New York
I have never been to America, but I have always dreamed of visiting there. This is probably down to watching so many adverts of Disney Land Florida as a child, but it is somewhere I have wanted to visit for so long. I have wanted to visit America for so long, that it even came to the point where I was contacting Seattle University for information about international students. After a lot of thinking though, I decided that I would miss my family too much as I am a big family person, and I didn't think that I would be able to cope without them for such a long period of time.

#3- Australia
When we were younger, me and my cousin Danielle were very close, until she moved away to Australia. I didn't really think anything of this place, up until Danielle posted photographs on Instagram and Facebook, and looking at these photographs made me really jealous of the place where she lives. Australia looks such a gorgeous place to visit, and it is definitely on my bucket list of places to go. Seeing as though my Great Nan and Aunty often go out there to visit my cousins, it wouldn't be such a bad idea for me to 'tag along' with them and finally tick off something off my bucket list. :)

#4- Italy
As my dad is half Italian, I have always been aware of this culture and always had the opportunity to try different Italian foods which have been made from scratch. My nan has always shown me photographs of her home village out in Italy, and it looks like such a beautiful place to visit. The buildings are so tiny and cute! Unfortunately though, I think this may be something I will have to fulfill on my own as my nan doesn't go out there a lot anymore, and neither does my dad. Therefore, I will probably have to drag a friend along with me!

#5- China
When I was in lower school, doing my GCSE's, there was a trip running to China. Because of the options that I decided to take, it wasn't possible for me to take part as it clashed. I was very disappointed with this, as the Chinese culture seems amazing. A very good friend of mine, Linsey, is half Filipino, and even though she isn't Chinese, her mum makes THE BEST fried rice ever! Also, Linsey really wants to go sight seeing, so I will be making sure she comes with me!

I will have to make sure that visiting these places get's done, as writing about them makes me more excited to graduate university sooner!

What are your top places that you want to visit?

Also, check out Linsey's blog. Its amazing. - www.redvelvetkiss.blogspot.co.uk

Ciao for now,


No comments:

Post a Comment